Ankita Rameshkumar Shah
An ambitious and committed public health professional pursuing doctoral studies in field of public health with specialization in social Epidemiology from Humanities and Social sciences discipline of Indian Institute of Technology- Gandhinagar. Nearly four years of my past work experience includes writing research proposals, planning and execution of research projects and scientific report writing for a reputed NGO for about a year and prior to that, nearly 3 years of experience of working on technical cum administrative post that dealt with planning, execution, coordination, monitoring and reporting of various health programs under NRHM/RCH II at city level. This has imparted rich experience of working with urban poor, rural as well as tribal population for promotion and execution of various government health programs, health activities run by N.G.O. as well as in conducting research.
Name of Exam
Year of Passing
|Master of Public Health (Social Epidemiology)||
|Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar, Mumbai.||7.3/10(GPA)(Gold Medalist)|
|Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery||
|Swami Vivekanand Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Bhavnagar, Gujarat.||71.6%(Gold Medalist)|
|Gujarat Secondary Education Board.||76.6%|
|Gujarat Secondary Education Board.||92.9%|
RESEARCH PROJECT DETAILS
“Prevalence study of behavioral risk factors of non-communicable diseases in young adult urban slum population of Bhavnagar city, Gujarat.”
Internship 1: 8 weeks duration.
Organization: Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Hospital, Sion, Mumbai.
Research Study: Assessment of constructs of Health belief model and Theory of planned behavior for
behavior of immunization in children under age of 3 years in Dharavi slum in Mumbai.
Internship 2: 8 weeks duration.
Organization: M. L. Dhawale Memorial Trust, Karjan, Vadodara District, Gujarat.
Research Study 1.Nutrition: Status and Factors among children aged 0-6 years in rural Karjan,Vadodara.
Research Study 2.An insight into dietary pattern as well as motivators and barriers for adopting healthy
dietarypatterns among rural adolescents of Karjan block, VadodaraDistrict, Gujarat.
Internship 3: 4 weeks duration.
Organization: Deepak Foundation, Waghodiya, Vadodara District, Gujarat.
Worked on research and documentation project.
1. Organization: Deepak Foundation, Vadodara.
Job Title: Clinical-Services Co-ordinator
Dates of Employment:May 2013 to Present.
Responsibility of the post held:
- Writing proposals for research projects in the public health field.
- Planning and execution of research projects (both qualitative and quantitative) in public health field including determination of sample size, sample selection, designing survey instruments and recruitment of surveyors.
- Quantitative and qualitative data management and data analysis using statistical software.
- Scientific report writing of research projects.
- Liaison person for clinical service units managed by Deepak Foundation.
2. Organization: Health Department, Municipal Corporation, under NRHM-RCH-II
City: Bhavnagar, Gujarat.
Job Title: I/C Epidemic Medical Officer.
Dates of Employment: October 2009 to June 2011.
Responsibility of the post held and Major Accomplishments:
Successfully undertaken various routine and innovative tasks in the MunicipalCorporation territory;
Few of which are mentioned below:
- Notification, investigation and reporting of outbreaks; including Influenza A – H1N1 pandemic; to the state. Involved in guiding, monitoring and supervision of the outbreak prevention andcontrol measures.
- Strengthening, supervision and monitoring of Integrated Disease Surveillance Project activities.
- Coordinating Acute Flaccid Paralysis and Measles surveillance and outbreak response activities with National Polio Surveillance Project (NPSP).
- Micro-planning, execution, monitoring and supervision of the National immunization day rounds and School Health Program (SHP).
- Micro-planning, execution, monitoring and supervision of the outreach immunization activity under RCH-II in co-ordination with ICDS.
- Co-ordination of IEC and BCC activities of different health programs.
- Key resource person for implementation of E-Mamta project.
- Organizing various trainings of the NRHM staff.
- Co-ordination of IEC activities of various health programs.
- Co-ordination of activities of NACP-III and RNTCP at Urban Health centre level.
3. Organization: Urban Health Society, Municipal Corporation, under NRHM-RCH-II
Job Title:Medical Officer, Urban Health Centre.
Dates of Employment: July 2008 to September 2009.
Initiated and streamlined implementation of NRHM/RCH-II in the area of Urban Health Center and
ensured effective implementation through continuous monitoring and supportive supervision.
Presented paper on’ An insight into dietary pattern as well as motivators and barriers for adopting healthy dietary patterns among rural adolescent girls of Karjan block, Vadodara District, Gujarat’ at 40th annual national conference of IAPSM & joint state conference of IPHA & IAPSM, Maharashtra chapter, Nagpur in 2013.
1. Successfully completed online Certificate course on ‘Health in Numbers: Quantitative Methods in
Clinical & Public Health Research’ from Harvard University.
2. Undergone the Field epidemiology training program for Epidemic Medical Officer at B. J. Medical
College, Ahmadabad, Gujarat in 2010.
3. Undergone the IMNCI training program for Medical officers at Government Medical College,
Bhavnagar, Gujarat in 2009.
4. Undergone the Routine Immunization training program for Medical officers at Government
Medical College, Bhavnagar, Gujarat in 2009.
5. Symposium on Social Determinants of Health, 2015, held jointly by Arcade-RSDH and PHFI
6. TISS Clairvoyance, 2013, on ‘Reimagining health and healthcare in India’.
7. 40th annual national conference of IAPSM & joint state conference of IPHA &
IAPSM, Maharashtra chapter, Nagpur in 2013.
8. TISS Clairvoyance, 2012, on ‘Challenges and opportunities in the Indian health system:Towards health for all.’
9. TISS Platinum Jubilee conference, 2012 , on ‘Globalization and social transformation: The Indian experience.’
10. National Conference on ‘Universal Health Coverage: Advancing the agenda and addressing
the challenges’,In April 2012, organized by Health Economics Association of India and PHFI in Delhi.
11. TISS Clairvoyance, 2011, on ‘Paradigm shift in healthcare towards Equity.’
- Cleared UGC-NET-JRF examination in subject of Social Medicine and Community Health in June, 2013.
- Awarded the Institute Gold Medal and Shield for standing University first in the Master of Public Health (Social Epidemiology) in May, 2013.
- Awarded “Prize for the Best student of the First Year Masters of Public Health in Social Epidemiology”, by TISS, Mumbai in January 2012.
- Awarded Letter of Appreciation by Hon. Minister of Health and Family welfare, Gujarat state; for undertaking effective control activities during H1N1- Influenza outbreak while working in capacity of I/C Epidemic Medical Officer at Bhavnagar Municipal Corporation.
- Secured the University first rank in Final year B.H.M.S.
- Secured 3rd rank in the Centre in SSC Examination.
- Achieved the Best Girl award in Fatima Convent High School, Bhavnagar, in 1996.
- Won 2nd prize in Skit competition on Female Foeticide in the Clairvoyance 2012 event organized by SHSS, TISS, Mumbai.
- Have participated in Flash mob arranged by the Mumbai District Aids Control Society at kamatipura (red light area), Mumbai in 2012.
- Passed CCC+ examination conducted by the Government of Gujarat with 73% marks in September, 2010.
- Operating Systems: Comfortable with using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and Linux-Ubuntu.
- Statistical Soft wares: Comfortable with using Microsoft Excel, SPSS, Stata, CS Pro, Atlas ti.
EXTRA CURRICULAR INTERESTS
Singing, music and photography are my favorite leisure time activities.