Research Interests: linguistics Syntax and Semantics, Syntax – Semantics of East and Southeast Asian languages
- B.A.: Korea University, 2005
- M.A.: Korea University, 2007
- Ph.D.: University of Delaware, 2018
- J Kim, P Cole, G Hermon, and P Sumartini, The Distribution of Adverbial and Nominal Wh-forms in Balinese, to appear in The proceedings of the meeting of Austronesian Formal Linguistics Association (AFLA 24), in print.
- S Tomioka and J Kim, A New Embedding Strategy: Purposeful Questions in Japanese and Korean, in The proceedings of Workshop on Atlantic Formal Linguistics (WAFL 12), 2017.
- J Kim and S Tomioka, Two Types of Embedded Questions, in The proceedings of West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics (WCCFL 31), 2013.
- Visiting Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (Jan 2020 – Present)
- English Tutor/Khbrat Program Assistant, University of Delaware English Language Institute (Aug 2018 – Jul 2019)
- Korean Language Teacher, Delaware Korean School (Aug 2017 – May 2019)
- Research Assistant, UNESCO (Aug 2018)
- Graduate Assistant, Interdisciplinary Science Learning Lab (UD)(Mar 2018 – May 2018)
- Teaching Assistant, University of Delaware (Feb 2011 – May 2016)
- Researcher/ Research Assistant, Center for Electronic Text, Korea University (Sep 2005 – Jul 2009)