Research Interests: Semiotics, Linguistic ethnography, Script and writing systems, Language and politics, Aesthetics of language, Adivasi societies and history, Gujarat, Jharkhand/West Bengal border regions
- BA: University of Chicago, 2004
- MA: University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 2009
- PhD: University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 2014
- Script as constellation among Munda speakers: the case of Santali. South Asian History and Culture. Special issue on on the politics of writing in South Asia. (2018).
- Expressives in Hindi film song in Journal of Indian Folklore Research 16. [in Japanese, English to appear in forthcoming Nishaant Choksi and Nathan Badenoch, eds. Expressives in the South Asian Linguistic Area] (2017).
- From language to script: graphic practice and the politics of authority in Santali language media, eastern India. Modern Asian Studies 51(5).(2017).
- Surface politics: scaling multiscriptality in an Indian village market. Journal of Linguistic Anthropology 25(1): 1-24.(2015).
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (July 2018 to present)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Kyoto University/Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science (2016 – 2018)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Tokyo University/JSPS (2014 – 2015)